Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Silver Lining

(A poem I wrote in my 10th Standard)

I am, but a traveler, thirsty and tired.
Time has forced me to go on, leaving behind all that I admired.

I am alone and insecure
And I don’t know where I am headed for_
Through these silent plains and along the noisy shore.

I have passed my youthful spring
With its fragrant memory
Still lingering
Within me.

Ahead of me is a misty path.
The trickery of the waters hides cruel thorns
That have pricked me foe the umpteenth time
All through the wild runs
And solitary sojourns.

My past has been a motley array of events
The pleasures I had many,
And joys few,
The sorrow colossal
And pain too.

Many faces have I met
And friends I had few,
But none was missed by me
Like I now miss you.

The celestial beauty of your smile
Made it all worthwhile;
For I had stopped to admire you.
Those hazel eyes cleared away the haze.
Mesmerizing that they are,
All that I could do was gaze.
Affable that you are,
You melted down my defenses
And for once I was at peace.
Sanity returned and my life had a new lease.

You did allay my fears,
But only for a moment.
For I am, but a wanderer
And I have to go on
Long after dusk has fallen
And at the crack of dawn;
Far across that vast ocean
To dizzying heights_
To the zenith of life
Through those lonely nights.

You are just a mirage to me;
Promising much; giving nothing.
You came like a whiff of fresh air
And went away like the morning dew in spring.

As I repose here,
Brooding over a dried tear;
The memories come fleeting by
And I know they’ll never sap from my mind
However hard I try,
As I leave you behind.

Your words,
Like sweet bells over the silent peaks
Will resound in my life
And sing in the melancholy streaks.

Your face,
Like the moon,
Will light up my nights
When the sun lies dormant in his sleep.
My dreams of you
Will make me forget
The dread that evil nightmares keep.

I’ll remember your sweet ways,
Smiling at the recollection of the happy days;
The way you laugh
Will make me go insane
With the desire to see you laugh again.

You’ll be somewhere else,
As calm and as beautiful as ever.
Sharing joys wherever you go
Like the ever pleasant spring shower.

I’ll be left the parched earth
When you go away,
The dreams that we had planted,
Like dead flowers, will decay.

It is then that you’ll know
Our little rendezvous has come to an end.
But wherever we may go,
I’ll still remember you and forever be your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community